General Information

  • Reverend Rolando Fonseca [Administrator]
  • P.O. Box 356. Marfa, TX 79843 Phone [Fax]: (432) 729-4694
  • Weekend Services: Saturdays 5:00pm [English], Sundays 8:00 [Spanish] & 10:00am [English]
  • Daily Services: Tuesday - Friday 7:00am. First Fridays: 6:00pm
  • Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament: Every first Friday of the month from 12:00 noon to 12:45pm with Benediction.
  • Reconciliation: Saturdays 4:00pm
  • Office Hours: Tuesday thru Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm
  • Baptisms: Make arrangements at the office
  • Matrimony: Make arrangements at the office
  • West Texas Ministry: (432) 729-3385

Friday, January 11, 2008

Miracles at Paisano? Yes!

I thought I knew all about church retreats. After all, I’d been on more than 20 of them over the years. Then, more than 2 years ago, someone invited me to go on an A.C.T.S retreat. “A.C.T.S.?” I asked. “What’s THAT?!” “THAT” turned out to be the experience which changed my life. It all happened atthe Paisano Campground, 15 miles from Marfa. I soon learned that A.C.T.S. is an international retreat movement organized by lay people. It is faithful to Catholic teaching, spiritually powerful and a means by which even some people of lukewarm faith or troubled individuals are spiritually transformed during a 66 hour period from a Thursday evening to Sunday. There are separate retreats for men, women, and teens. Often those who attend these retreats become committed team members for future retreats. I have done just that. During these retreats I have witnessed spiritual “miracles” like my own. From January 3rdthrough January 6th of this year I was a team member on a TEEN retreat for mostly Confirmation students. This was my fourth TEEN retreat as a team member and I am still walking on air. It was apparent that all 55 who attended shared that experience. Most who are asked to attend a retreat are initially hesitant, but invariably by the end of those 66 hours, they don’twant it to end. This is a powerful experience by which the burning fire of the Holy Spirit is moving through His people. This summer there will be separate men’s and women’s retreats. Seize the next opportunity! Please get details from Bill White, A.C.T.S. Core vice president, (432) 729-4729.

No comments: